West Didsbury is a great place to live or work. It's got a vibrant local community, a lively atmosphere, brilliant architecture and magnificent trees. The West Didsbury Residents Association is a group of people who love the area and want to make sure it keeps all its good qualities.
- We monitor all planning applications to make sure they are in keeping with our Conservation Area status architecturally and do not involve unnecessary tree loss.
- We work with local businesses and residents to apply for street trees, benches, planters, hanging baskets and Christmas trees and lights to keep our streets alive and attractive.
- We inform all our members by email of every local issue or council decision which may affect the area.
- We liaise closely with our MP, local councillors and council officers.
- We work to conserve local wildlife and to protect the natural environment.
- We hold regular social events.
The WDRA meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at the Albert Club, Old Lansdowne Rd. All members are welcome to attend but, if you prefer not to have that commitment, we’ll keep you in touch. Email us at westdidsburyresidentsassoc(at)gmail.com Annual membership is £3, £5 for a family and £1 for a pensioner or student.
WDRA working for West Didsbury
Improving local amenities... resisting overdevelopment... protecting the character of our buildings... planting trees... protecting wildlife... enhancing the street scene... promoting the community... keeping its heart beating!
Why not take
'A Walk on the West Side'?
An informative and amusing guide around West Didsbury
Written by Pam Siddons this great little book guides you around some of West Didsbury's hidden gems and gives some interesting history of the area.
It makes a great gift at only £2.50, and is available from Burton News and Didsbury Life on Burton Road, Inman's on Lapwing Lane and Zayn News in Didsbury Village.